Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I can't find the time to write my mind the way I want it to read.

Ode to The Little Red-Headed Girl
The
Little Red-Haired Girl is an unseen character in the Peanuts comic strip by Charles M. Schulz, and is a symbol of unrequited love. She serves as the object of Charlie Brown's desire. He most often notices her while eating lunch outdoors, and often tries to get up the courage to speak to her, but always in vain. Anything touched by her or associated with her is precious to him. For example, in one strip he finds her pencil dropped in the hallway, notices that it has been chewed and declares, "She's human!" Presumably, this common habit makes her seem more approachable, but, typically, he never follows through. ~ Wikipedia

Obviously, my romantic fate is tied to that of The Little Red-Headed Girl. My Charlie Brown is out there, I just know it. Happy Heart Day, kids.

I know you think the photo is that of The Little Red-Headed Girl, but it's moi circa 1991. I'm going to my sorority reunion in Wilmington this weekend. Actually, my Charlie Brown is a bartender named Spencer that works at a bar in Wrightsville Beach, NC. He has a dog named Arlene. I love them. [Wait, maybe I'm his Charlie Brown.]

I was going to post a list of my favorite love songs from my ipod, but I found the task overwhelming. I get overwhelmed easily these days. I did download some completely random songs yesterday while I was supposed to be writing a paper. A list for your scrutiny:

Happy, Mazzy Star
Take Everything, Mazzy Star
Nobody Girl, Ryan Adams
Come Pick Me Up, Ryan Adams
Ball and Chain, Social Distortion
Ring of Fire, Social Distortion
God is a DJ, P!nk
Just Like Honey, Jesus and Mary Chain
I Woke Up With This Song in My Head This Morning, Bright Eyes
Well Whiskey, Bright Eyes
16 Days, Whiskeytown
Box Full of Letters, Wilco [who gets credit for the title of this post]

And I leave you with my most frequently played song for the past few weeks... First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Roche said...

I love Bright Eyes. And as one red head to another...I know there must be some Charlie Browns out there. Charlie was balding and I do know a few of those...maybe one of them is my charlie.

12:44 PM

 
Blogger Teri said...

i've been in a mellow music mood lately

i think it has something to do with the onset of menopause [kidding... i hope]

6:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home