Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Monday, January 09, 2006

I have to type fast.

I just took a mega-dose of Nyquil. I have to finish this post before I slip into a coma.

Today was a little, um, ungood. I woke up this morning with a devil of a sore throat. To ward off any further sickness, I vowed to fully hydrate myself today. [Hydration is the key for so many of life's inconveniences.] I broke out my favorite water bottle - the one with the straw that folds into the top - and filled it with 32 oz of Diet Sprite and grapefruit juice. I put my butt in the car and headed to work. While trucking [Civicing, actually] through Chapel Hill, I heard on the radio that I-40W was blocked with a nasty wreck and traffic was backed up for miles. Grrr. I'm a generally nice girl, but put me in the driver's seat on I-40 and my inner demon takes over. So I'm almost to the 40 on-ramp and decide I need to wet my throat with a bit of DS/GJ. I flip open the cap of my bottle to expose the straw and liquid shot like a geyser through my car. For several seconds. And several ounces. It was running down the windshield and dripping from the ceiling of my car. I was drenched. Fabulous. I decided to turn around and change clothes and clean up my car. So I fought my way back through Chapel Hill to my apartment. I changed into a rather unflattering outfit. [I forgot the morning also included finding five extra pounds hiding on my butt.] I took the Windex and sprayed down my car the best I could. There is still stickiness everywhere. So 45 minutes after the eruption of my juice bottle, I'm back on the road to work. Again, the radio announcers warn that 40W is blocked and to take an alternate route. Crap. I decided to make a Target run along the way in hopes that traffic would at least start moving. Good plan. So I'm in Target trying to decide if I need the $7 bike pump or the $12 version with the foot peddle when I realize: I drive 40 EAST to work. Dear God, I'm an idiot. So I'm once again off to work [with very little traffic to contend with] and arrive an hour and 45 minutes after I first left home. And did I mention that my throat hurt?

I soothed my pain with a cute t-shirt purchase. That's Rocketbird, in case you are wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home