Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I don't know what to say on a bright Hawaiian New Year's Day

On my very short list of new year's resolutions is the promise to actually post to my blog. And look at me - I'm three days early!

I have absolutely no plans for New Year's. I realize that I've finally gotten old because I don't expect fun from New Year's any longer. For many, many years I looked forward to the holiday with a GREAT DEAL of anticipation. This year I'm keeping expectations low with a DVD, pizza and maybe a bottle of wine if I'm feeling crazy.

In more dating misadventures: I had a date last Friday, which was the 23rd. He was polite, interesting, overall a good guy. So I was just chatting online with him and noticed his blog address on his chat profile. The conversation was moving slowly, so I clicked the link. His post on Dec 27th said something like, "had a nice date last night." So I, of course, assumed he was talking about me and was flattered. Hmmm, my date was on the 23rd. I'm NOT the nice date. Dang. So much for flattery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home