Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best of Waiting for Squirrel ... Organic Heaven

August 22, 2005:
I'm having one of those restless nights. I think I'm crashing from Radio Camp. After a week of 12+ hour days, I don't have much of a plan for my week off. I have to go to my internship tomorrow and I have appointments (doctor and salon) on Thursday, but that's about it. I would take off on a roadtrip, but my current financial state would only get me as far as Graham.

I ventured out to Borders and B&N last night. I was hoping to buy a book about blogging. No luck. I found a $4 book about organic living at B&N. Chapel Hill/Carrboro/Durham is all about being organic. I felt the need to know more. In case you haven't shopped organic yet, it's not cheap. But read this book and you'll be convinced that conventional food will be the death of you. The most contaminated foods are: baby food (?!), strawberries, rice, oats and grains, milk, corn, bananas, green beans, peaches and apples. I could go into the gory details, but let it suffice to say that you should go organic when purchasing these foods. Oh, and you should use organic laundry detergent because the conventional stuff jacks up our water source.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home