Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best of Waiting for Squirrel ... My Fellow Bloggers Freaks Me Out

From September 16, 2005:
I've been prone to mindlessness lately. I sign on hoping something profound will come to mind, but generally I just ended up staring at the screen. A few days ago I made the unfortunate discovery of the "Next Blog" link at the top right side of the screen. It lets you hop randomly from blog to blog. Here are my observations from blog hopping:

1. There are MANY religious blogs out there.
2. Asian kids have the coolest looking blogs. [I obviously can't read them because they aren't in English and I'm an arrogant American that only knows one language.]
3. I get the impression that bloggers are people that no one listens to in real life, but for some reason, people will read their rantings all day long.

In my last pass through the blog community, I ran across the blog of a racist. But he was so subversive about his racism that it shocked me. He talked about White Americans pulling together, etc, etc in the wake of Katrina. He did NOT say anything specifically regarding other races, he just ignored them. He didn't say "we" or "Americans" or "people", he said "White Americans." It was creepy.

There are very cool blogs out there of course. It's like everything else in life, you have to take the good with the bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home