Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best of Waiting for Squirrel ... Yay - it's my favorite month!

October 2, 2005:
Yay, it's October - the best month of all. It's a little toasty this afternoon, but the mornings and evenings have been lovely and cool. Ahhhh. So nice. It makes me happy to be alive. Other fun things about October: the state fair, sweaters, comfort food, riding my bike through crunchy leaves, beer, those crazy corn maizes [mazes, get it?] ... oh, there's just too much to dig.

I'm patiently waiting for my dinner to cool down enough to eat. I made a brown rice and black bean casserole. Here's the recipe: 1 cup of uncooked brown rice, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of Rotel tomato stuff and Mexican cheese [I use 2%]. So cook the rice, drain the beans and tomatoes then mix everything together. Then add a handful of cheese and mix in. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes in a 350 oven. It easily makes four meals for me and I'm not a dainty eater. It goes down nicely with lime flavored seltzer water.

I've been a little disturbed lately by how winded I get while riding my bike. Turns out that my tires were pretty much flat. Good grief ... how do I make it through the day? [On a funny side note, I went to the bike shop near my internship to buy a tire pump. The guy sold me the cheapest one they had, which was $30. It has a gauge and buttons and everything. It's way too much tire pump for me. I'm returning it.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home