Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best of Waiting for Squirrel ... Shots Fired!

From October 10, 2005:
I live in the Chapel Hill hood. Now some people question whether Chapel Hill actually has a hood. OK, it's a pretty clean hood, but still ... I have proof. Last night at 12:44 am five shots were fired in my neighborhood. Apparently no one reported it because no police sirens followed.

So why didn't I report it? Well, I have a history. No, not a police history. I have a history of nightmares. Underneath my cool, calm exterior lies a freaked out chick. As a result, I dream crazy [CRAZY] things. So I wasn't entirely sure that I didn't dream the shots. Real or not, I couldn't sleep afterward. I was a little concerned that the gunman would come bursting through my back door.

Talk about history - my back patio has history! This summer someone pulled a nasty bit of vandalism and pour used motor oil all over my unfinished back deck. Gross - and permanent. Then last week I noticed something freaky. I have a wicker table with a glass top sitting on the deck. Well, one day I forgot to pull in my cardboard recycling before it rained and one of the boxes stuck to the glass. When I pull it up, it left a patch of brown cardboard. Last week I noticed that someone had flipped the glass over because you could see the outside of the cardboard box. Now, this is a fairly heavy piece of glass. It's not going to blow over in a storm. Someone picked it up, flipped it over and then replaced it perfectly on the wicker stand. WHY?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home