Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best of Waiting for Squirrel ... Pop Culture

From August 26, 2005:
The kids who usually play Friday night basketball on the court across from my apartment are noticably absent this week. They blast *BLAST* Michael Jackson's greatest hits every week and close out the night with freaky 70's R&B. It's a weird, weird thing. I hope they come back next week.

I had a lunch date yesterday. It was good. I like him. He says he'll call. We'll see.

Class starts Tuesday. The little geek within is very excited. Class has to start before we can get to graduation day. Saturday, May 13th - put it on your calendar.

Books I would like to read but can't buy and the library doesn't have so I have to borrow from someone (hint, hint):
Among the Bohemians
Oak: The Frame of Civilization
You Remind Me of Me
Little Chapel on the River: A pub, a town and the search for what matters most
A Girl Becomes a Comma Like That
The Lessons of Saint Francis
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight
Birdsong
Confederates in the Attic
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (ding*ding*ding ... really want this one)
I am Charlotte Simmons (rumored to be about our own UNC-Chapel Thrill)
Mad Girls in Love

I'd really like to see the movie The Constant Gardener. My Netflix movies this week were Sometimes in April (gut-wrenching) and Raging Bull. I highly recommend Sometimes in April - especially if you need a good cry and a reason to appreciate your own life. Raging Bull is the classic 1980's movie with Robert DeNiro. I appreciated it as a good movie, but Jake LaMotta was such an unlovable character that I couldn't have cared less about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home