Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from The Karate Kid.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Best of Waiting for Squirrel ... And the question lingers...

From August 13, 2005:
I was referred to as evil by an ex-almost boyfriend yesterday. Now, without going into a long list of specifics, I directed no evil-doings toward this individual and the comment hurt my feelings quite a bit. Which, of course, just made me pissed off at myself for not being a feminist superhero and saying, "Screw you, little man!"

But this brings up an interesting point. After many years and many relationships where the demise of the relationship was essentially my fault (the reasons are long and varied), there has recently been a string of demises that were most definitely NOT my fault. Fancy that. Crazy pervert photographer - not my fault. Crazy Columbian ninja - not my fault. Crazy hypochondriac who pops out of the blue to call me mean names - not my fault. So the question is: am I delusional or am I evolving?

Speaking of delusional, I watched a Katie Holmes movie this week called Pieces of April. I think she's on crack for loving Tom Cruise, but I gave it a shot. GOOD INDY FLICK. My Free Katie t-shirt is going back into circulation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home